You have likely learned that termites are one of the more pricey pests to encounter. Termites are professionals at staying hidden and silently shredding your structure apart. Termites may consume cellulose-based materials which just happen to be in many properties. Our termite control Whittier specialists can perform regular inspections to keep your property safe year-round.
Your home is not the only thing in danger of termite damage; books, furnishings, foundations and also other things and areas of the house will also be at risk. These workers are only 1 centimeter up to a few millimeters long but this isn’t going to affect the considerable destruction they can readily cause.
Essential Measures to Protect & Prevent Whittier Termites
You can avoid termites with the appropriate defense and prevention techniques, such as eliminating dampness and possible food supplies for termites. We’ve included these suggestions for guaranteeing the best termite defense for your structure:
- Fix any leaks; taps, pipes, air conditioning units, etc.
- Keeping your gutters thoroughly clean frequently can certainly reduce the chances of tempting unwanted termites.
- Water must flow out from the property when raining.
- Remove any extra compost or coverings you have placed around the house’s outside walls.
- Routinely examine the roofing to be certain water puddles are not collecting.
- Inspect vents routinely to be sure they’re free of obstructions.
- Inspect utility and water pipes and lines for any open access points, sealing them to prevent pest entrance.
- In the event you find any air vents that don’t have screens, install them.
- Clear away stumps as well as other wood particles situated near the property.
- Locate termite destruction on the porch and fencing.
- Don’t store raw lumber, paper or firewood next to the foundation or crawl space.
Indicators of Whittier Termites
It is possible to discover a termite dilemma ahead of time if you understand or know things to look for. Warning signs of a termite dilemma will include a swarm of winged insects (termites) temporarily in the home, termite frass (excrement), hollowed out wood or wood that sounds a bit hollow when you tap on it, dirt tunnels and tubes on the exterior walls, or perhaps the wings abandoned by swarmers; usually discovered near doors and windows.
In case you aren’t certain that active termites are actually presently on your property or if you want to question safe guarding your structure from harmful termites, just give Termite Specialists Whittier a phone call right away at (562) 268-5364. We would be more than happy to help you and schedule a termite evaluation as needed.